Why build a screened porch as opposed to a deck ? Well, any homeowner in the DMV will know the answer immediately. They protect you from mosquitoes in July and August. They shield you from the summer sun but not the spring breeze. However, most importantly, they can be turned into all season rooms, adding livable space to your home 365 days a year. Our portfolio offers a sneak peek of what your backyard could be.
Screen enclosures can be built from pressure treated pine, low maintenance synthetic materials, and gorgeous hardwood. Your options are limitless, like adding infrared heaters, gable roofs, and larger screening systems like this home in Arlington, VA. (click on the photo above to learn more). It will also add to the overall value of your home.
If you are considering a screen porch, feel free to contact us with any questions you may have. In the meantime, keep these few things in mind:
1. Location - Where are you going to put the screened room on your home? Having the room close to the kitchen is key always good.
2. Lighting - Natural light is key. How much do you get during the day ?
3. Design - You'll want your new room to match the house, as well as enhance the backyard.
4. Furniture - What furniture would you plan to put in your space, and how you plan to use the room.
5. Flooring and Railing - What type of floor and rail works best for you? (learn more by clicking the photo below).