Screen Rooms Are A Wonderful Upgrade Over Decks
Why choose to build a screen room? Because you can enjoy the outdoors under a roof away from the sun, without bugs bothering you while you eat, and with a cool breeze generated by a ceiling fan!
Screen rooms are a must in the Washington DC metropolitan area due to the hot summers and pesky insects. A screen room will protect you from the sun and bugs while still giving you the feeling of being outdoors. Screen porches come in many shapes and sizes. Screen enclosures can be built from pressure treated pine, lowmaintenance synthetic material, and gorgeous hardwood. Screen rooms are not only a wonderufl addition to you exterior space, but also a valuable investment in your home. Browse our portfolio to find the perfect screen room for you!
View our video 'Tips for Building a Screen Porch' to learn what you should consider when planning your screen room project:
There are many things to take into consideration when planning a screen room. Here are a few things the keep in mind:
1. Loation - Where are you going to put the screen room on your home? Having the room close to the kitchen is key!
2. Lighting - Remember to keep in mind natural light and how it effects your house at all hours of the day.
3. Design - Make you new room match the house!
4. Furniture - Think of what furniture you plan to put in your space and how you plan to use the room.
5. Flooring and Railing - What type of floor and rail works best for you?